Windshield Stickers Will Make Trash/Recycling Drop Off Faster & Easier | News

Instead of having to show proof of residency when going to Fauquier County recycling and waste collection sites, residents can now obtain collection site permits for their windshields for free; Collection site employees will simply note the presence of a sticker when a resident visits the site.

Registration for free residential collection site permit stickers will begin on Friday, April 1st. All fees that residents normally pay at collection sites will still apply.

The stickers are free to county residents who wish to use residential collection sites or the Corral Farm facility to personally dispose of their recycling and household trash. To use one of the collection sites, residents must either obtain a Residential Collection Site Permit sticker, present valid Fauquier County identification, or present a valid Special Exception Permit.

  • Download an application for a residential collection location sticker at or pick one up at the County Department of Environmental Services office at Corral Farm (6438 College St., Warrenton). One application must be completed for each car requiring a permit (up to three). Site attendants will also have hard copies of the application to distribute to all sites while supplies last.
  • Complete the application and present it with the personal-use vehicle registration and valid identification.
  • Place the sticker inside the driver’s side of the car’s front windshield. Permits should be permanently affixed to the right of the official state inspection decal when viewed through the inside of the windshield. The edge of the site permit must not be more than ¼ inch from the edge of the official inspection sticker.
  • Residents can go to the Service de l’environnement at these times to obtain a sticker:
    • Monday to Friday, 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
    • Saturdays, April 2 or April 16, from 7 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.

A maximum of three permanent residence permits will be issued per household. Resident permit stickers will not be issued to agricultural vehicles, commercial vehicles, vehicles with trade marks, or out-of-county vehicles. Stickers cannot be transferred from one vehicle to another.

Once the rollout is complete, residents who would like permit stickers should visit the County Department of Environmental Services office at Corral Farm (6438 College St., Warrenton) during regular business hours, Monday through Friday, from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.

A FAQs was set up to answer questions from residents.