MERIDIAN TOWNSHIP, Mich. (WILX) – On April 30, residents of Meridian Township will have the chance to turn another green page.
At Chippewa Middle School, from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m., the parking lot will be filled with volunteers accepting items for recycling. All area residents can safely recycle a variety of unwanted items.
- Washers, dryers, stoves, water heaters, air conditioners, refrigerators/freezers, dehumidifiers, lawn mowers, snow blowers. Includes bikes and bike parts.
- May or may not work.
- $10 charge if item contains Freon.
- Staples, paper clips and small spiral binders accepted.
- Placed in confidential locked storage until shredded.
- Egg cartons the size of a dozen only.
- Latex and oil based stains only. Can be liquid or dry.
- $2/quart, $3/gallon, $10/pail.
- Please keep in the original box, do not mix colors.
Items not accepted:
- No gas, oil or light bulbs in metal appliances.
- No x-rays, 3-ring binders, large binder clips, VHS tapes or CDs.
- No electronics. [NOTE: An electronics collection will be held on October 8, 2022.]
- Visit www.midmichiganrecycles.org to find out where to recycle these items.
For more information or if you would like to sign up as a volunteer, visit www.meridian.mi.us/GreenMeridian.
- Consumers Energy prepares for possible outages Wednesday and Thursday
- The link between your gut and your brain
Copyright 2022 WILX. All rights reserved.
Subscribe to our News Newsletter 10 and get the latest local news and weather straight to your email every morning.