KYLIE Jenner and Travis Scott’s W magazine cover issue will be deleted as the couple continue to receive backlash over the Astroworld tragedy.
Ten people died and hundreds were injured in a crowd crush as Travis performed at the NRG Park festival in Houston, Texas earlier this month.
According to Sixth page, the magazine reportedly canceled the next edition after putting the Keeping Up With the Kardashians alum and the popular rapper on the cover.
The cover, which also contained an interview with the famous duo, was shot and printed ahead of the Astroworld festival. However, as they have yet to be shipped, the magazine is not moving forward.
A source told the outlet: “… In light of what happened at Astroworld, the interview and the cover lines seem inappropriate to say the least.”
Another insider told The Sun: “It was the decision of everyone involved not to focus on the December coverage which was provided out of respect for the families and individuals involved in Astroworld and to allow for the bereavement of the families. . “
The shocking incident happened on November 5, as large crowds walked towards the stage as Travis performed.
Officials said the group began to “squeeze into the spotlight” around 9.15pm, causing panic.
Houston Fire Chief Samuel Peña said at the time that a “mass incident” was started at 9:38 p.m. and investigations were underway.
Kylie, 24, responded to the tragedy, as the pregnant star wrote on her Instagram Stories: “Travis and I are broken and devastated…
Read our Travis Scott Astroworld Festival live blog for the latest news and updates …
“… I want to make it clear that we were not aware of any deaths until the news was released after the show and in no world would we have continued filming or acting.”
Previously, a festival-goer told the Sun exclusively they had watched Kylie and her sister Kendall “walk past bodies after hiding in an enclosed space” after the tragic stampede.
IN THE TRASH
Despite Kylie’s response, she still sees negative reactions as her makeup products are thrown in the trash on TikTok.
One user of the platform shared a clip of herself holding a Kylie Cosmetics palette before throwing it in the trash.
She wrote on the short video: “Me after watching Kylie post videos about her ambulance story while people are dying. Goodbye girl.”
Kylie has since been silent on social media since her response.
Travis, 30, also responded to the incident, sharing a lengthy video on his own Instagram Stories and saying: “I am absolutely devastated by what happened last night.
“My prayers go out to the families and to all who have been touched by what happened at the Astroworld Festival…”
Travis and One Dance rapper Drake, who also performed at the festival, are now being prosecuted and charged with “inciting riot and violence” at the show.
We pay for your stories!
Do you have a story for the US Sun team?