Happy Tuesday, Round Rock! Here’s what’s happening in town today.
First, today’s weather forecast:
Partially sunny. High: 69 Low: 43.
Here are the top three stories from Round Rock today:
- A series of newly released documents revealed details of domestic violence allegations against Hafedh Azaiez, superintendent of the Round Rock Independent School District. A woman who identified herself as the superintendent’s former girlfriend had applied for an order of protection against him. She claimed that when she told Azaiez she was pregnant with his child, he demanded that she have an abortion; when she refused, he allegedly assaulted her in her home. (FoxNews)
- Effective today, March 1, the Round Rock Recycling Center will be closed to the public on Sundays. The center, located on Deep Wood Drive, will be open Monday through Saturday from 9:30 a.m. to 6 p.m. It will continue to hold its household hazardous waste collection events on the first Wednesday of each month from 3:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m. :00 a.m. (Town of Round Rock)
- If you’re looking for a new job at Round Rock, Patch and ZipRecruiter have you covered. This week’s roundup of zone rosters includes roles in customer service, truck driving, and roofing. Check out all the vacancies here – and good luck with your job search! (Round Rock Patch)
Looking for a healthy alternative to that midweek glass (or three) of wine? Our partners at Betera set out to create drinks that are sophisticated and tasty enough to drink at happy hour, but without the risk of a hangover. (Their motto is “Drink like there’s tomorrow.”) Betera’s drinks are crafted by a Michelin-star chef using natural botanicals – they’re lightly effervescent, sipable, pleasantly bitter, and at home in a stemmed glass or in a highball on the rocks. Betera offers three recipes: Rhubarb-Hibiscus, Elderflower-Lime and Ginger-Orange. We tried all three and loved them equally – we recommend the mixed case as a great starting point.
Betera has extended its 15% discount on first orders to Daily readers, in thanks for the enthusiastic response so far. Enter Patch15 at checkout and https://bit.ly/TryBetera.
Today at Round Rock:
- Bilingual Spanish Preschool Storytime – Round Rock Public Library (10:30 a.m.)
- Round Rock Chamber Masters – City of Round Rock Parks and Recreation (12:00 p.m.)
- Community tax center – City of Round Rock Parks and Recreation (4:00 p.m.)
- Virtual Adulting 101 For Teens – How to Invest in the Stock Market (Ages 12-18) – City of Round Rock Parks and Recreation (6:30 p.m.)
From my notebook:
- Plucker’s is scheduled to undergo renovations from April 15 to October 15. Plans for the wing bar include an enlarged dining area, a new fire sprinkler system and new finishes throughout. (Community Impact Journal)
- Round Rock Police Department Recruiting for Multiple Civilian Positionsincluding an animal control officer and a crime scene specialist. To visit RoundRockTexas.gov/jobs for more information. (Twitter)
Do you like the Round Rock Daily? Here are all the ways you can get more involved:
- Send this link to a friend or neighbor so they can subscribe
- Get your local business listed in front of readers
You are officially informed for today! See you tomorrow for another update.
— Nicole Fallon Peek
About me: Nicole Fallon-Peek is a journalist and editor with a degree in media, culture and communication from New York University. She has been a freelance journalist, editor, managing editor and editorial director for various B2B news outlets. She currently co-owns and manages content creation agency Lightning Media Partners.