Hello everyone. It’s me, Debora Whitehead, your Three Village Daily host – here to tell you everything you need to know about what’s going on in town these days. Today you will find news about these stories and more…
- Stony Brook will host Halloween party.
- Melville Neighborhood Math Team recognized.
- EMS The case of Alison Russo and more.
But first, today’s weather:
Some sunshine, windy and cooler. High: 59, low: 45.
📢 I am looking for business owners and marketers in Three Village who want to get noticed, connect with customers and increase sales.
I have a limited number of sponsorships available to introduce our Three Village Daily readers to local businesses they need to know. If this is you, then I urge you to learn more and secure your place now.
Here are the four main stories of Three Village today:
- The Stony Brook Village Center kicks off the 32nd annual Halloween festival. Pranksters are invited to enjoy free candy, games, dancing and a scarecrow contest on Halloween Day (October 31) from 2-5 p.m. This event is free. (Town of Stony Brook)
- Hooray to the Ward Melville High School math team for achieving regional recognition. The group placed third in New York and first in Suffolk County in the New York State Math League Competition. (Three Village School District)
- Save the date for the Setauket Fire Department Recycling event scheduled for Saturday, November 5, from 9:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. Residents are asked to dispose of electronic devices, unwanted prescription medications, and documents destined for shredding. (Brookhaven NY)
- Peter Zisopoulos faces murder charges for fatally stabbing FDNY Emergency Medical Service member Alison Russo. The crime happened at EMS station 49 in Astoria last month. Zisopoulos is accused of knocking Russo to the ground and stabbing her multiple times before fleeing. (Long Island News 12)
Today in Three Village:
- Suffolk Toastmaster – Emma Clark Memorial Library. (9:30 a.m.)
- A day in the life of a firefighter – Emma Clark Memorial Library. (10am)
- craftsmanship – Emma Clark Memorial Library. (2 p.m.)
- Noah Garabedian Quartet – The Jazz Loft. (7 p.m.)
From my notebook:
- Don’t forget to join the “Plant-Based Nutrition” webinar hosted by the Emma Clark Library on Tuesday, October 11. Dietitians from Cornell Cooperative Extension will lead the discussion teaching healthy benefits, recipes, alternative foods and more, beginning at 7 p.m. Register here. (Emma Clark Library)
- Historical Society of the Three Villages: “New fall hours, starting tomorrow. Stop by our exhibits and be sure to visit the gift shop for new and restocked items!” (Three Village Historical Society via Facebook)
More from our sponsors – please support the local news!
- AUDITIONS for “The Elves & the Shoemaker” (Charles Dickens Festival). (October 8)
- EmblemHealth Healthier Futures Wellness Expo: Free Live Music and More! (October 8)
- An evening with chef Tom Schaudel. (October 11)
- Add your event
Other classified ads:
All right, you’re all caught up for today. See you tomorrow for another update!
— Debora Whitehead
About me: Do you have a story idea? Do not hesitate to contact me ! I would love to hear from you! Wife, mom, foodie, traveler and nature lover.
Do you have a news tip or a suggestion for an upcoming Three Village Daily? Contact me at ThreeVillage@Patch.com.