Hello, neighbors! I’m back in your inbox this morning with your fresh copy of the Daily Alpharetta-Milton. Come along for the biggest things happening in town these days.
📣 Our readers love to celebrate good news! You can now shout your big announcement at the top of the Alpharetta-Milton Daily newsletter. Whether it’s a grand opening, new product for sale, birthday, anniversary, engagement, wedding or new baby, let everyone celebrate at your side! Submit your ad here.
First, today’s weather forecast:
Today’s high will be 76 with a low of 68. Weather will be humid with a 60% chance of rain.
Here are today’s top stories at Alpharetta-Milton:
- Glass recycling returns on September 12 to Alpharetta. Residents can use a new center
located in the Alpharetta Public Works Department parking lot located at 1790 Hembree Road. Only glass can be placed there; other recyclable materials and waste will not be accepted. Alpharetta’s new glass recycling site will be accessible to Alpharetta residents 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Since there are no staff, security cameras and license plate readers on site will allow the city to identify those who dispose of the objects inappropriately. Offenders will be cited, and the city intends to seek the maximum penalties allowed by law. (City of Alpharetta)
- Alpharetta’s Wire & Wood Festival has announced the full roster of artists. It will take place on Friday and Saturday, October 7 and 8 in downtown Alpharetta from 5 p.m. to 11 p.m. The popular, free-entry festival will host 34 performances on six outdoor stages. (Awesome Alpharetta)
- Alpharetta has extended the registration deadline for the 17th Annual Scarecrow Harvest to Tuesday, September 13. Downtown will be teeming with over 150 scarecrows from local schools and classrooms, nonprofits, neighborhoods, families and local businesses! Click to start your scarecrow request. The displays will be open from October 3 to November 1
and the scarecrow with the most “Selfie Votes” will win the People’s Choice Award! (City of Alpharetta)
Today at Alpharetta Milton:
- The Alpharetta Farmer’s Market in Town Green near Alpharetta Town Hall takes place from 8:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. You can buy fruits, vegetables and natural meats, fresh flowers and herbs. Plus, there are all kinds of home edibles, from delicious desserts and breads to local raw honey and homemade sauces, jellies and soaps. (Awesome Alpharetta)
- The Milton Library at 855 Mayfield Road is holding a book sale from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturday sales take place on the second Saturday of the month. All proceeds will benefit the Milton Library and its programs. (Town of Milton)
- Bring your old paint cans to a paint recycling fundraiser for the Cambridge High School Theatre. It will take place from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. at the school at 2845 Bethany Bend, Milton. For a small fee, your paint will be recycled and Kona Ice Truck will be there for some sweet treats! (Cambridge High School)
From my notebook:
- Two Cobb County sheriff’s deputies were killed in the line of duty. We want to send all of our thoughts, prayers and love to the Cobb County law enforcement community and the affected families of these brave deputies. We ask you all to do the same and keep them in your hearts. (Alpharetta Department of Public Security)
- The North Point Mall at 1000 North Point Circle will have a Back-to-school party today from 11 a.m.-4 p.m. You’ll see performances on Center Court including aerial circus arts, dance, musical ensembles, Fulton County Library storytime, educational presentations, rock bands as well as a guest appearance special from West End gospel rap artist Shawty. This is a free indoor event on center court. (North Point Mall)
- There will also be a college fair today at the North Point Mall. High school students can meet colleges, universities, technical colleges and military recruiters from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. on Center Court. Register and register early for awesome freebies! For more information on College Fair and a complete list of attending colleges, visit www.NorthAtlantaEvents.com. (North Point Mall)
More from our sponsors – please support the local news!
- Flamenco Concert Isaac Tovar (September 10)
- The Selfie Studio @ Perimeter Mall (September 10)
- 3 Hour Salsa Class Atlanta – Beginner / Beyond Basics September 10 (September 10)
- St. James UMC Center for Excellence Name Change Ceremony and Legacy Concert (September 10)
- CIGAR STORE INDIANS with ALONG FOR THE RIDE @ FTE’S BACK PORCH! (September 10)
- 9/11 Patriots Day Commemoration (September 11)
- Seminar on social security (September 13)
- Ladies Night and LIVE MUSIC by Billy Vanilli (September 14)
- FREE tickets to a Playhouse preschool family show! (September 17)
- Leadership Labs Live with best-selling author Patrick Lencioni at North Point Church (September 27)
- Add your event
Concerts and Services:
You are now aware and ready to go out this Saturday. See you soon!
— Gail Lafleche
Do you have a topical tip or a suggestion for an upcoming Alpharetta-Milton Daily? Contact me at Alpharetta@Patch.com