Hello Tulsa! Let’s get you caught up to start this day on an informed note. Here’s everything that’s happening in town today.
First, today’s weather forecast:
Rather sunny and warmer. High: 72 Low: 47.
Here are the top 3 stories in Tulsa today:
- A former Tulsa Fire Department captain pleaded guilty in federal court Thursday to robbing two banks in Green Country. Jerry Brown was arrested for the Skiatook and Sperry bank robberies in 2020. Investigators say Brown stole more than $300,000 in the robberies and used some of the money to pay off his contracting business debts. (News on 6)
- City officials have expressed concern about the number of contaminated items left in curbside recycling containers. Josh Noel, community involvement coordinator for the city of Tulsa, says the items include “any kind of hard, ridged plastic” like plastic hangers and plastic bags. Noel added that the presence of contaminated items can pose a hazard to employees and urged residents to go online to see the full list of recyclable items. (KTUL)
- A band from Tulsa performed at South By Southwest this year after competing against bands from across the country for the coveted spot. The band, Bandelier, started in Tulsa and is made up of six core members who play music that Rusty Rowe described as folk-rock with “a cinematic feel”. The band wrapped up their two-day gig in Austin this week and have also been booked to play Mayfest and Guthrie Green. (News on 6)
Today in Tulsa:
- Spring Fishing Classic At Broken Arrow Bass Pro (All day)
- Community Yoga At the workshop (8:00 a.m.)
- parents’ evening At the RC Dickenson Family YMCA (4:30 p.m.)
From my notebook:
- Enjoy a warm and intimate concert with the award-winning Trio ATOS, presented by Facebook) . Check out these talented musicians at the Tulsa Performing Arts Center from March 25-27. (
- Interested in a self-defense course? the Facebook) offers a free course for women on April 4 titled “Empower.” Register online today. (
More from our sponsors – please support the local news!
- American Diabetes Association Diabetes Alert Day: Understand Your Risk (March 22)
- Everything Must Go – Surplus Assets Auction (March 24)
- Add your event
Do you like the Tulsa Daily? Here are all the ways you can get more involved:
- Send this link to a friend or neighbor so they can subscribe
- Get your local business listed in front of readers
You’re all caught up for today. See you tomorrow for another update!
— Helene Eckhard
About me: Helen Eckhard is a Marketing Assistant at Lightning Media Partners. She is a self-proclaimed logophile who is currently pursuing her Masters in Library Science. Outside of work, you can find Helen building crossword puzzles, knitting, or devising increasingly clever ways to kill characters in her detective stories.