Hello everyone! It’s me, Nicole Fallon-Peek, your Daily host. Let’s start this day on the right foot, with a quick dive into the most important events in the city.
First, today’s weather forecast:
Cloudy, showers and a thunderstorm. High: 86 Low: 78.
🏡 Looking for more real estate leads in Mobile? Let us help you reach potential buyers and set you apart from the competition. Click here to find out more.
Here are today’s top three stories in Mobile:
- The Mobile County Animal Shelter has reduced its adoption fees. Pets can now be adopted for just $40 – until sponsorships remain. Each adoption comes with sterilization, vaccinations, a heartworm test and a microchip. The shelter is overwhelmed with animals during the summer months and this promotion will hopefully alleviate capacity. (News from WKRG 5)
- The City of Mobile will host 4th of July celebrations at Mardi Gras Park and Cooper Riverside Park. The Kids Zone will be at Mardi Gras Park. There will be a DJ and live bands at Cooper Riverside Park. Guests are encouraged to bring blankets and lawn chairs. (Fox 10 News)
- The City of Mobile will open a third recycling depot. The expansion is made possible by a $340,000 grant from the Alabama Department of Environmental Management. The city is reportedly looking at additional recycling services for the future. (CNB 15 WPMI)
Help us improve this newsletter!
We’ve had so much positive feedback on Mobile Daily that we’re starting to get overwhelmed. Want to bring us back to earth with constructive feedback? If that is the case, take our simple – and fast! — reader survey. Your feedback will help us make sure we’re covering the kind of local news, events and gossip that really matters to you. And it will help us achieve our goal of being an indispensable local resource and the last email you unsubscribe from.
We would so appreciate your feedback that if you complete the survey, we will enter your email address in a drawing for a little patch swag mountain. You know you want this tote bag – so click the link and give it to us direct. Thanks!
Today in Mobile:
- Good listening At the mobile public library (09:00)
- Knitting & Crochet At the Western Regional Library (2:00 p.m.)
From my notebook:
You are officially informed for today. See you tomorrow for another update!
— Nicole Fallon Peek
About me: Nicole Fallon-Peek is a journalist and editor with a degree in media, culture and communication from New York University. She has been a freelance journalist, editor, managing editor and editorial director for various B2B news outlets. She currently co-owns and manages content creation agency Lightning Media Partners.